Dawn Martin PhD MEd MSW RSW
Over the years, I have worked extensively with practicing physicians, faculty, varying levels of medical trainees, International Medical Graduates and Health Care Professionals teaching and creating curriculum related to communication and collaboration in the health care setting.
More and more of my work has focused on assessing and working with practicing physicians and medical trainees identified as needing additional assistance in the area of Communication, which often includes concerns with professionalism, collaboration and leadership in the workplace.
Referral sources include College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario/Nova Scotia, Canadian Medical Protective Association, hospital leadership and self-referrals.
My background working in clinical psychiatry, addictions, and counselling has proven invaluable when assessing individuals’ needs and formulating appropriate learning plans, while my experience with the Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada ensures I am aware of current educational trends and policies.
- PhD, Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, OISE/University of Toronto
- Master of Education with a Health Specialization, OISE/University of Toronto
- Masters of Social Work, Wilfred Laurier University, Registered Social Worker
- Educational Consultant: provided coaching to all Postgraduate trainees identified with needing additional assistance with Communication, Collaboration, Professionalism and Knowledge Integration with Post MD Education.Postgraduate Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto 2007-2019.
- Private Practice: e.g. CPSO, CMPA, hospital leadership, Health Professional Physician self-referrals
- Co course coordinator/Faculty Lead - "Behaviour change counselling in the Health Professions," University of Toronto 1999-2018